Attention Online Shoppers: we have two easy ways to support the Museum when you shop online - at no cost to you. These are Amazon Smile and SwagBucks. You can use both to help support the Museum of Vanning and there will be no change in your online shopping experience.
Amazon Smile is a program that pays 0.5% of your purchases directly to the Museum of Vanning when you shop at Amazon. The Museum qualifies for this program because we are a registered non-profit. To donate 0.5% of your Amazon purchases to the Museum of Vanning, simply do the following:
On your desktop computer, your laptop, your tablet or any non-phone device with an internet browser:
- Open your internet browser and, on the URL address line, type in "https://smile.amazon.com" and press enter. Your browser will open to the Amazon Smile login page.
- Log in using your regular Amazon ID and password.
- Complete the steps to register with Amazon Smile. Be sure to type in "Museum of Vanning" when asked to name your charity and pick "Museum of Vanning and Hall of Fame Inc" from the list,
- Once you have completed the registration process the Museum will automatically receive 0.5% of your purchase amounts each time you shop.
- Very Important: Now that you have registered with Amazon Smile, change your Amazon login URL from https://amazon.com to https://smile.amazon.com. Make sure you use this new address every time you use Amazon in order for the Museum to get credit. The Museum will be noted as your charity of choice just below the search bar near the top of the page. If the Museum of Vanning is not noted there, check your login URL to make sure it is http://smile.amazon.com. Your Amazon shopping page will work just like it did before.
- Very Important: If you use a desktop shortcut to open Amazon for shopping, remember to change it's URL to https://smile.amazon.com so that it will open to Amazon Smile every time you shop.
On your smartphone - If you use your smartphone to shop online at Amazon, you should be able to find Amazon Smile in "settings" for the Amazon app. If not, check with your phone service provider on how to setup the Amazon App for shopping at Amazon Smile. This may vary with each type of phone and provider system.
Or, you may go directly to Amazon.Smile using the following link: Amazon.Smile
Swagbucks is a rebate service that gives you the ability to earn points from online shopping at a wide variety of stores like Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, hotel chains and many, many others. You can convert accumulated Swagbucks into real money and donate it to the Museum of Vanning.
- To use Swagbucks: Simply go to swagbucks.com and open your own account and then start shopping at whatever stores you wish always using Swagbucks as the portal. You can redeem your points as PayPal account credit or as any number of gift card selections.
- To donate your Swagbucks earnings to the Museum of Vanning, simply redeem your points to your PayPal account and transfer that amount from your PayPal account to the Museum's PayPal account. You can contact the Museum at our general email account - email@example.com - for our PayPal information.
- If you don't have PayPal or don't want to utilize PayPal,
- you may redeem your Swagbucks as a VISA virtual gift card which can be forwarded to the Museum for the Museum's use, or
- you may redeem you Swagbucks for any of the options, use it yourself and make a matching donation to the Museum using the Donate button at the top of the Homepage.